Wednesday, January 19, 2011

About Augusta Friends of Seniors, Inc. and This Blog

This is the first post in a new blog about a new nonprofit, volunteer-based organization which I am starting, along with help from family members and friends.  This new charitable organization will be called Augusta Friends of Seniors, Inc.  The primary purpose of this new charity will simply be to promote visits and friendships between volunteers and lonely senior citizens in our community.  We have a lot of work to do to get this charity off the ground!
There are, at this point, three main purposes of this blog.  First, I want to chronicle and promote the good work being done to help lonely senior citizens and, hopefully, inspire others to join us.  In addition, I hope to provide guidance and inspiration to others "out there" about how to start a charitable organization in their communities.  And finally, I hope this blog will serve as a journal, and help me keep organized, and also help inspire me to keep working hard on this daunting new task!  Please pray for us and wish us well!

2 comments:

  1. OOhh Love this! How is this going? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your visit and kind comment! Frankly, as one of the posts above indicates, and as I have experienced once before when I helped start a different charity, it is always a real challenge to find sufficient time to start a charity. There is so much to do. But I have been working on it, and I am learning that there is a real need for such an organization in our community! Thanks again for the visit and, as someone who is fond of antiques, I hope everyone checks out your fine site!

    ReplyDelete